Controller Battery won't charge
2707 15 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Profe Phantom
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Hi, My Phantom 3 Pro controller won't charge the battery  i have to phantom 3 pros and check and test  the batteries  of both controllers but one of them is faulty  i think is damaged , i'm looking for a replacement but i ca'tn find it on any place... any ideas  the battery is a 7.4v 600 mAh 44.4 Wh 2s lipo -ion  battery.

2016-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, it's not recommended to change the battery by yourself.
I'd suggest you to contact our tech support at support@dji.com and send it in for evaluation.
2016-11-7
Use props
Profe Phantom
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-8 02:05
Hi, it's not recommended to change the battery by yourself.
I'd suggest you to contact our tech supp ...

This is the cause of the problem   very close soldering points  of the controller battery... i know that DJI dont allow customers open their products but i have 4 of your drones and soon have five (Waiting for the Mavic) and i have some expertice on electronic components...so i'll bring you a little friend's council   please sell us this battery replacements ... ...why you sell the drone battery but not the controller one?  it has no sense!
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Profe Phantom Posted at 2016-11-15 10:19
This is the cause of the problem   very close soldering points  of the controller battery... i  ...

Sorry we don't sell the controller battery.
If you want to send it in for fixing.
Please fill in follow information then send an email to cs8@dji.com. We'll help to raise a ticket for you.
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Phantom Model:
Issue illustration:
2016-11-14
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8953 ft
United States

Yesterday, I installed the new firmware on my P3P, controller and batteries. I put the RC on charge last night and today it hasn't charged any. Currently it is reading 20%. Everything else that I can tell updated with no problems. In DJI GO the following info: App 3.1.1, Version 1.10.90, Controller 1.8.0, Flt Controller SN 03Z0658370 It appears that the aircraft batteries are charging OK, and NO I dont charge them at the same time. Have you encountered this type problem with anyone else that installed the new firmware? Model GL300C.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ClosEnuff Posted at 2016-12-16 10:14
Yesterday, I installed the new firmware on my P3P, controller and batteries. I put the RC on charge last night and today it hasn't charged any. Currently it is reading 20%. Everything else that I can tell updated with no problems. In DJI GO the following info: App 3.1.1, Version 1.10.90, Controller 1.8.0, Flt Controller SN 03Z0658370 It appears that the aircraft batteries are charging OK, and NO I dont charge them at the same time. Have you encountered this type problem with anyone else that installed the new firmware? Model GL300C.

When you put the RC on the charger, it does look like it's attempting to charge, correct?
2016-12-15
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 21:05
When you put the RC on the charger, it does look like it's attempting to charge, correct?

Yes, it appears to start charging. First white light comes on then the 2nd lights up and then it goes back to the first and starts all over again. its been doing this for over 30 hours.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ClosEnuff Posted at 2016-12-17 00:20
Yes, it appears to start charging. First white light comes on then the 2nd lights up and then it goes back to the first and starts all over again. its been doing this for over 30 hours.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you weren't running into this issue until you updated firmware or had you noticed a small decline in battery life in the RC after charging? If it's the former, can you try downgrading the RC firmware via the Go app if the power allows it?
2016-12-16
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 10:33
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you weren't running into this issue until you updated firmware or had you noticed a small decline in battery life in the RC after charging? If it's the former, can you try downgrading the RC firmware via the Go app if the power allows it?

You are correct to assume that I was having no problems prior to upgrade 1.8.0. I'm not saying that's what caused the issue, just trying to provide all the facts. Unfortunately, once you upgrade to the new firmware you cannot downgrade, I tried it to no avail. Also I'm down to about 10% battery. Do you think it could possibly be the charger, even though it still charges the Drone batteries?
According to DJI Mindy:
Notes :
Cannot roll back the firmware version after upgrading to v1.10.90.

2016-12-16
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 10:33

According to DJI Mindy:
Notes :
Cannot roll back the firmware version after upgrading to v1.10.90.

I found on another forum issue
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ClosEnuff Posted at 2016-12-17 01:15
You are correct to assume that I was having no problems prior to upgrade 1.8.0. I'm not saying that's what caused the issue, just trying to provide all the facts. Unfortunately, once you upgrade to the new firmware you cannot downgrade, I tried it to no avail. Also I'm down to about 10% battery. Do you think it could possibly be the charger, even though it still charges the Drone batteries?

There is always the chance that the RC connector on the charger went out. If you happen to have another one to try it out, it would be appreciated. Perhaps a nearby dealer or a buddy with the same unit might be able to help with that as well.
2016-12-16
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 12:00
There is always the chance that the RC connector on the charger went out. If you happen to have another one to try it out, it would be appreciated. Perhaps a nearby dealer or a buddy with the same unit might be able to help with that as well.

OK, I'll try to find another charger and try it. I'll get back to you in a few days.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ClosEnuff Posted at 2016-12-17 02:25
OK, I'll try to find another charger and try it. I'll get back to you in a few days.

Whenever you can would be great!
2016-12-16
Use props
phantom3ofnz
New

New Zealand

For what it's worth, I was experiencing a similar issue myself as detailed here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76528-1-1.html

I found a local DJI retailer who happened to have an old controller battery that was not in use. I took apart my controller (I was out of warranty anyway) and replaced my faulty battery with the retailer's battery and the controller is back to 100% working again.
I wasn't going to wait 4-6 weeks for DJI to diagnose and fix the issue and most likely charge me for it anyway so I did it myself.
2016-12-18
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 12:32
Whenever you can would be great!

OK, I found another DJI charger and connected it to the RC, unfortunately it still would not change. I have obtained an RMA number and mailed to RC back to DJI for evaluation and repair.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ClosEnuff Posted at 2016-12-21 21:03
OK, I found another DJI charger and connected it to the RC, unfortunately it still would not change. I have obtained an RMA number and mailed to RC back to DJI for evaluation and repair.

Thank you for the update. It's good to hear that it's getting addressed, you'll be up and running again in no time.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules