Landing pad
2430 13 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magus
lvl.2
Latvia

Those who already have it, please share your experience is it useful? What version do you have (please put link)? What size? Are you satisfied with it?I do not understand how it is planned to be used if the person is outside of private property.  Do you leave it on the ground and stand near all the time?

2017-1-17
Use props
Frits48
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

I have a foldable one that I got on eBay (80 cm unfolded). Easy to bring along and very useful at times when you don't want to get dirt etc. on the Mavic or even IN the Mavic through the fan (snow, beach grass etc.). Many available on eBay, here is the one I got Landing pad
2017-1-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Frits48 Posted at 2017-1-17 16:00
I have a foldable one that I got on eBay (80 cm unfolded). Easy to bring along and very useful at times when you don't want to get dirt etc. on the Mavic or even IN the Mavic through the fan (snow, beach grass etc.). Many available on eBay, here is the one I got Landing pad

Thanks for the link -- those are much more reasonable than the ones I was looking at on Amazon.
2017-1-17
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

I got a landing pad back in December ( https://www.amazon.com/gouduoduo ... s=drone+landing+pad ) It was a great investment considering the mavic has such low clearance and I'm not huge on the idea of adding the extenders. I use this in the snow, wet grass, mud, etc... it has been extremely helpful and folds right up into my backpack. It also comes with a little soft pouch case that keeps it in tack. If you're flying a mavic I highly recommend it. I'd share pictures but I currently do not have it. As far as using it not on private property...just make sure wherever your flying is legal and you really only need it when you need to add some clearence, so I wouldn't worry about it causing too much of a scene.
2017-1-17
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Frits48 Posted at 2017-1-17 16:00

Just ordered the same one it looks like but from AliExpress. Let's see how long it takes to get here...

DJI / Mavic Pro Phantom 3/4 / Inspire 1 Accessories UAV Universal Portable Apron
2017-1-17
Use props
Magus
lvl.2
Latvia

I'm also thinking about different sizes of those pads. Bigger would be better for landing (easier to land), i presume. But it is also more expensive and more difficult to carry.

I saw on Aliexpress also 110cm pad. Here it is, what do you think? Which size would be better 80cm/110cm?      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 2/32770395985.html?
2017-1-18
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 585213 ft
France

The Mavic is foldable drone, easy to tansport in a tiny bag. I made a choice for a tiny pad easy to fit in bag too.
And the precise landing function help for that, mine is 16" only
2017-1-18
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Baroudeur Posted at 2017-1-18 01:01
The Mavic is foldable drone, easy to tansport in a tiny bag. I made a choice for a tiny pad easy to fit in bag too.
And the precise landing function help for that, mine is 16" only
Look how precise it is

Now that's what I call precision landing!
2017-1-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I'm in France, where the French sporting goods retailer, Decathlon, sells a small collapsible camping table, with a carrying handle.  Details of it, including images, are on this thread.

I wouldn't hike with this thing, as it's a bit too clunky, but I leave it in the back of my car, as 95% of the time, I'll be hopping out of the car and using the quad anyway.
2017-1-18
Use props
GZP
lvl.2

Latvia

Than question is still actual - do you leave it (table/pad) on the ground and stand near all the time? There are so many bad people (thieves) out there. ...
2017-1-18
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Made my own:

2017-1-18
Use props
Gagaryn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6447 ft
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2017-1-18 05:50
I'm in France, where the French sporting goods retailer, Decathlon, sells a small collapsible camping table, with a carrying handle.  Details of it, including images, are on this thread.

I wouldn't hike with this thing, as it's a bit too clunky, but I leave it in the back of my car, as 95% of the time, I'll be hopping out of the car and using the quad anyway.

If you want to use something that is from the car, why not just use the front passenger side carpet mat?
2017-1-18
Use props
Gagaryn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6447 ft
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2017-1-18 05:50

sorry - double post!
2017-1-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Gagaryn Posted at 2017-1-18 11:48
If you want to use something that is from the car, why not just use the front passenger side carpet mat?

Could do, but that's not great when the ground is wet.  Also it elevates it a bit further.  I've also got a bullseye compass that I put on top to level it, for periodic IMU calibrations.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules