GPS Position NoMatch in the flight logs - what is it?
3872 10 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spirytus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126864 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Evening,

So today I performed a few routine flights on my new P4P. Nothing spectacular, just testing the video link issues I've been trying to fix (see post), honing my ATTI skill, further familiarization. I'm happy to say it all went quite uneventful.

Stating that, after I came home I downloaded and reviewed my flight logs from the RC/Tablet (out of habit) and noticed that one flight recorded a momentary (~1s) App warning:

GPS Position NoMatch

Wanted to see if this was app related so I download/analyzed the Flight Controller log and long and it was there aswell:

nonGPSCause: 4 (nominal value is 0),  nonGPSCause:String: GPS_POSITION_NONMATCH (nominal value is blank/empty)

Lasted exactly 900ms.

I want to emphasize that this did not affect my flight at all. This flight was the first of 4, the remaining 3 flights did not log anything out of the ordinary.

Is this a nuisance message or something to watch for?

Yes, I'm running the latest firmware.

2017-1-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too am having this same issue.
2017-1-19
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31624 ft
United States

I am seeing this as well. Could a moderator ask someone in engineering what the 'GPS Position NoMatch' message indicates and let us know?
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please sync your flight records through APP firstly, then provide us your app account (e-mail )
Then export the flight data through Assistant 2, we'll help you analyze the data and let you know the details.
You can upload the data to Dropbox and post the link here.
Here is the video for yoru reference:
2017-1-22
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

I too am having this same issue.

2017-1-22
Use props
lefgrter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139738 ft
Greece

Any news on that? I am having the same messages. Altough i dont have any issues flying the AC.
2017-2-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

lefgrter Posted at 2017-2-26 03:23
Any news on that? I am having the same messages. Altough i dont have any issues flying the AC.

It's a false alarm just like the strong wind warning.
2017-2-26
Use props
lefgrter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139738 ft
Greece

Thanks for reply!!
2017-2-27
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-26 04:14
It's a false alarm just like the strong wind warning.

Is there any source to backup this information

Just for peace of mind, its not that i don't trust you
2018-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2018-6-10 00:22
Is there any source to backup this information

Just for peace of mind, its not that i don't trust you

You could do what I've done and look at lots of flight records where this appears and see what it relates to (or not).
I've checked plenty of flight logs (including my own) where it appears and there doesn't appear to be anything to link it to.
When it turns up it usually does several times throughout a flight, and about 4 messages come through at a time.
But the GPS positions recorded at the time appear to be correct and I can't find anything unusual about them or the Phantom's performance when these false alarms show up.
I've also never seen them associated with any flight problems.
That's the only "source" I can refer you to.
2018-6-10
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-10 01:46
You could do what I've done and look at lots of flight records where this appears and see what it relates to (or not).
I've checked plenty of flight logs (including my own) where it appears and there doesn't appear to be anything to link it to.
When it turns up it usually does several times throughout a flight, and about 4 messages come through at a time.

Thanks Labroides good enough for me
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules