DJI Assistant 2 Install
6804 24 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

How the heck do I run the thing ?
Really starting to take up too much of my time .

I installed in on my macbook pro.

Then it tells me that I need to install Horndis or whatever to teather my phone to the laptop so the laptop can be online which it alread is.

How do I run the DJI assistant so I can try to get my P4 to fly correctly.

Thank you,

CHip
2017-9-20
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Cant find the app on my computer
Installed it several times
2017-9-20
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

Install it on an iPad or tablet, not your laptop
2017-9-20
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Bartone Posted at 2017-9-20 14:56
Install it on an iPad or tablet, not your laptop

I tried to install it on my iPad but it wanted access to my Yahoo email account to open it like below.

DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.6.pkg       Document - 170.4 MB

Open in "Yahoo Mail"
More.....
2017-9-20
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Even you hit cmd+spacebar and type assistant?
2017-9-20
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-9-20 17:05

BOOM !  Thanks !  hahahahaha
2017-9-20
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-9-20 17:05

Boom !  nice. Found it. Why the heck do they not call it DJI Assistant.
2017-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-20 17:19
Boom !  nice. Found it. Why the heck do they not call it DJI Assistant.

Degan, you and me think alike  LOL
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.
2017-9-20
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 19:26
Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.

It flew horrible. I am extremely upset.
And have spent way too much of my time trying to fix this.
2017-9-21
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

I have followed the DJI instructions to a "T".

Here is the response from Ted.

Thank you for your response,

We are sorry to know that you are experiencing flight issues on your Phantom 4 after you upgrade it's firmware.
We do understand that you are concerned about the safety of your flight.
Rest assured that I will do my best, to be able to provide you the best and easiest troubleshooting steps for that.
To be able for me to do that, I'll just need to gather some information below.

Please provide a screenshot of the aircraft’s current firmware locate at the ABOUT page on your DJI Go App (Settings > General Settings > About).

Did you received any error message? If yes, may you send us a screenshot of that error message.

Did the unit crashed or dropped?

What is the troubleshooting steps that you already did?

I've attached some troubleshooting steps below.

Please calibrate the IMU first, and second the VPS.

IMU Calibration

1. Make sure that the Aircraft and Remote Controller battery is more than 50%.

2. Turn on Remote Controller and connect to the Mobile Device.

3. Place the Aircraft on a level surface.

4. Turn on the Aircraft.

5. Launch DJI Go app.

5. Go to Main Controller settings > Advanced Settings> Sensors> IMU Calibration> Start Calibration.

6. The calibration process will take about 5 minutes. Please wait for the confirmation on DJI Go app.

7. IMU Calibration will fail if the aircraft is not positioned according to the instruction on DJI GO app.

8. If calibration fails, restart the aircraft and calibrate the IMU again.

VPS Calibration

Note: Make sure before perform VPS Calibration Phantom 4 battery is sufficient and USB Cable is connected to a PC  

1. Connect the aircraft to your PC  with a USB cable  

2. Launch the DJI Assistant 2  
Select Phantom 4 and click calibration on the left side  

*Note: Read the three steps carefully  
First step: Hold the aircraft and point the nose towards the screen.  
Second step: Aim for the on screen boxes as inscructed  
Third step: Complete both horizontal and vertical calibration  

3. Please begin the calibration  
Point the forward facing obstacle sensors towards the screen and calibrate them.  
Position the AC such that the corner of the red box coincide with the corners of the blue boxes  
And wait a few seconds the AC should  now stay in this position for the rest of calibration.  
Please do not move it arbitrarily tilt the AC up and down to fill  the vertical progress  bar  
When the vertical bar is illed tilt the AC left and right to fill the Horizontal progress  
When front facing obstacle sensor calibration is complete      

4. Now Calibrate the bottom sensor  
Now face the bottom of the AC towards the screen the battery compartment should point to the right  
And the nose should point to the left      
Now Calibrate the bottom cameras with the bottom of the AC facing towards the screen position the AC  
Such that the corners of the red boxes coincide with the corners of the blue boxes and then wait for a seconds  
The AC should stay in this position for the rest of calibration Please do not move it arbitrarily  
Tilt the AC up and down to fill  the vertical progress  bar  
When the vertical bar is illed tilt the AC left and right to fill the Horizontal progress  

5. When you finished the software will automatically calculate and apply the calibration settings      
Please ensure the Phanto 4 battery is sufficient and the data cable is connected to the PC      
After the calibration is successful please click finish  

If you find challenges on the provided steps above, you may watch our video tutorial on Youtube:   

Please let us know if the troubleshooting steps above didn't solved the issue.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
If you have other concern don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Ted
DJI SUPPORT
Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after
2017-9-21
Use props
PTee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1046558 ft
United States

look for Assistant in your apps on on launch pad
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-21 03:30
It flew horrible. I am extremely upset.
And have spent way too much of my time trying to fix this.

Sir, please be more specific of the horrible flight. Is there any error message in APP? I'd like to help you.
2017-9-26
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-26 23:49
Sir, please be more specific of the horrible flight. Is there any error message in APP? I'd like to help you.

Flew very erratic. Seems to be adjusting for wind gusts that are not there. Message on App says high wind conditions when there is no wind.
2017-9-28
Use props
DCatalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225748 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello. ok i seem to not be able to download the assistant for some reason. So can someone please explain a little better???? I keep ending up in never never land
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-28 09:07
Flew very erratic. Seems to be adjusting for wind gusts that are not there. Message on App says high wind conditions when there is no wind.

Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? Even in hover status? Please upload a short video for better assistance.
2017-10-8
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-28 09:07

You never know what is the weather conditions up there, it is not the same as on the ground. Keep that in mind.
2017-10-8
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-10-8 03:04
You never know what is the weather conditions up there, it is not the same as on the ground. Keep that in mind.

I just got the repair quote from DJI. It just so happens that this issue started right after the firmware update. The drone has never been crashed etc....

Case No:        CAS-1028547-Y3P2Z6
DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:        10-11-17
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Right Landing Gear Module        1        10.00        10.00
Phantom4 Camera Main Board V04        1        176.00        176.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        316.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        316.00

Payment by Paypal:    Payment Links
2017-10-11
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-8 02:18
Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? Even in hover status? Please upload a short video for better assistance.

I can not believe the email received today.
Out of nowhere :

DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:        10-11-17
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Right Landing Gear Module        1        10.00        10.00
Phantom4 Camera Main Board V04        1        176.00        176.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        316.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        316.00

2017-10-11
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-8 02:18

I am pretty upset about this.
Just so happens that this computer board goes bad right after the firmware update.
yea, ok.

Case No:        CAS-1028547-Y3P2Z6
DJI Care Balance:        
Quote Date:        10-11-17
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Right Landing Gear Module        1        10.00        10.00
Phantom4 Camera Main Board V04        1        176.00        176.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        316.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        316.00

2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-11 19:08
I just got the repair quote from DJI. It just so happens that this issue started right after the firmware update. The drone has never been crashed etc....

Sir, I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-39-1.html 1533#&1560#.

As the drone has been out of warranty, repair fee is charged for the damaged parts.
2017-10-13
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 00:36
Sir, I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-39-1.html 1533#&1560#.

As the drone has been out of warranty, repair fee is charged for the damaged parts.

Thank you Susan.

I feel it is not in my best interest to spend that kind of money on the repair. I will be requesting a return of the unit and will sell my 2 chargers, 3 batteries, case, controller and part the unit out.

After some time I might consider saving again to purchase another UAS.

Thanks for all your help.

Degan
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-15 11:27
Thank you Susan.

I feel it is not in my best interest to spend that kind of money on the repair. I will be requesting a return of the unit and will sell my 2 chargers, 3 batteries, case, controller and part the unit out.

Well noted. We will arrange return without repair soon.
2017-10-17
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 01:10
Well noted. We will arrange return without repair soon.

Received my P4 back today. Upon inspection it is noted that there is water damage to my original box. The box was perfect when shipped to DJI and it was shipped inside a padded box similar to the one received back from DJI. The grey case that the P4, remote, batteries etc. are stored in is not the case I sent to DJI. And I have saved the best for last. There are screws missing ! I will attach photos. There are 4 or 5 screws completely missing. My P4 was not returned as it was received and I can not use it at all without the bottom being attached as designed.
Please advise as to your intentions.
Thank you,

Degan
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-23 18:35
Received my P4 back today. Upon inspection it is noted that there is water damage to my original box. The box was perfect when shipped to DJI and it was shipped inside a padded box similar to the one received back from DJI. The grey case that the P4, remote, batteries etc. are stored in is not the case I sent to DJI. And I have saved the best for last. There are screws missing ! I will attach photos. There are 4 or 5 screws completely missing. My P4 was not returned as it was received and I can not use it at all without the bottom being attached as designed.
Please advise as to your intentions.
Thank you,

I have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-117297-1-1.html Please update in your original post, thank you!
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules