Before importing a DJI Product to any country read this!
6373 30 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rszarka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217198 ft
Australia

Dji makes the best drones as of right now anyway, luckily other brands are catching up fast. They are fantastic products and nobody can take that away from them. But their warranty and aftercare service is a whole other matter.
So make sure you read all about how they handle repairs and defective units before you purchase anything from these guys or you may be in for a nasty surprise that you would not expect from a large company like DJI! My experience is my fault for not learning all about their policies before making my purchase, i am writing this post so that I may warn others not to make my mistake!

I recently purchased a brand new Mavic pro on Amazon.com, it arrived in Australia from the USA with a defective main gimbal board, no big deal these things happen right.. I was going to just return this mavic to Amazon for a full refund and get another one but DJI support told me i can just send it to my local repair center in Australia and they will either fix it or replace it for me. So since i really wanted a Mavic i opted with that option ...Initially i was impressed with their aftercare service...polite and friendly reps ..shipping label sent to me....1 and a half  weeks go by which is an acceptable timeframe...regular updates via email on my case... then i get an invoice from the repair center stating that DJI does not have a global warranty and my unit has a USA serial number so i have to pay for the repair ....they want me to pay for a brand new item defective right out of the box to be repaired simply because the serial number is from the USA, using a technicality to get out of standing behind their product....  The comical part of it was DJi offered me a 15% discount to repair their defective product ...quite funny, here we shipped you a broken unit ..its your problem to fix now but we will give you 15% off the price of fixing our defect to make you happy ...i did laugh as it was a ludicrous notion... so they at least managed to make me smile lol

What this little trick in their fine print means is if you import one of these drones form anywhere and it arrives smashed to bits fresh out of the box DJI will wipe their hands of it and not do anything about it for you! So be sure and order from a company with ethics like Amazon where you can return the item no matter what or you may end up with a very expensive paper weight!

Or if you say buy a DJI product in the USA and a few weeks later move say to Europe....you will no longer be covered by any kind of warranty even if the drone is only days or weeks old and completely eligible for warranty service!..it wont matter if a DJI repair centre is at the end of your street in your new home they WILL NOT help you!
If you want a warranty repair you also cant send it to the usa center to be repaired and have them send it back to you, they wont ship intl, yet another clever little trick they wrote into their fine print ....you have to have to send it to a friend in the country of purchase who then has to send it to the repair center for you ...they then would send it back to your friend who then would have to ship it to you and this all is if they dont find some other reason to re-neg on the warranty which they seem to have plenty of ways to accomplish proven by the link to the review site i provide later on in this post.... this could also bring about issues and problems with duty and import fees when it gets shipped back to the country you are now in.
This is a global world .....items are being shipped all across the globe daily, in my opinion this is just a way for  DJI to get out of their warranty obligations..they figured it out its one way to avoid alot of replacements and warranty repairs, wipe their hands of defective units and problems they should be responsible for.  They pretend to care about customer satisfaction but they dont really! They obviously do not care if they upset or lose customers as long as they save some money! Its a rediculous notion given its DJI USA ...DJI Australia ...DJI wherever its the same company just in a different area.....obviously they just say we do not offer a global warranty so they have yet another way to escape their responsibilities for defects on their products.

To me sending out a defective product then refusing to fix or replace it based on some stupid technicality is the same as reaching your hand into someones pocket and stealing their money! No different then a scam or elaborate con.....its one thing if someone crashes a unit or does something wrong to damage it ...but to use geography as an excuse in todays global world where people and items are constantly traversing every inch of the globe is just stupid..especially in the videography and photography industry! Photographers travel its what they do!...making it impossible for them to get warranty service when they are abroad which they always are...bad move if you want professional videographers to buy your product!. While DJI does make amazing products their company ethics leave a lot to be desired and in my opinion the minute an emerging company with the right ethics and policies makes drones as good as DJI's this company will be out of business. I am sure DJIs competitors are aware of this fault  and im sure will focus on great customer service and warrantys to get an edge in the industry ...so while their lousy aftercare right now is very bad for us all in this hobby and industry it will lead to companies with exceptional aftercare in the future for us all and leaves the door open for an emerging company in the industry to get an edge over DJI and take the lead by simply doing the right thing when it comes to warranties and aftercare.

The crazy part about my particular situation is since i bought through a company that will refund me every penny no matter as they have ethics! what the end result of DJI refusing to do this simple 100 dollar repair under warranty on a technicality is i will get all of my money back ...they will lose a customer and get a bad rap for it ....the drone goes back to amazon...back to the reseller then eventually back to DJI who now no longer can sell the drone as anything other than a refurbished unit ..hence they lose money, add to their bad reputation in this department and just lose out all around in general ...it is just bad business in the name of greed IMO what reputable large company does not replace defective units they ship and or expect the customer to pay to fix their manfacturing defects based on some geopgraphic escape hatch built into their policies?...

My story is not that painful apart from alot of frustration.....However i invite everyone to take a look at this link below...i really feel for the very very many people on here that have been very badly stung by DJI warranty cop outs! I know many times on these kind of review pages the person posting is just disgruntled in general and doesnt have a legitimate gripe but most of the stories on this link are legit and just outright horrifying that a company would treat any customer like this and still be in business!       https://au.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com  Trustpilot DJI Reviews

I am not writing this post to bash DJI , i absolutely love their products i own 2 and will soon buy another.... they make amazing drones, best in class by far . ..... I am writing this to warn others not to make my mistake ...read the fine print ...know what you are getting into so you dont get burned and protect yourself by buying from a company with fair and honest return policies like Amazon ...dont bother with DJI extended warranties loaded with escape hatches but rely on a retailer that has ethical fair and honest policies to make your purchase and insure your aircraft as if you do rely soley on DJI  they WILL more than likely let you down! These drones are highly advanced pieces of tech, malfunctions and problems are all part of the game if you dont protect yourself at some point you will get burned. Even that policy they offer you within 48 hours of your registration has geographic boundaries so it will do you absolutely no good if you travel away from the country you bought the drone in....

For now I will still buy and fly DJI products regardless as i just love them, their drones are amazing but the moment a company emerges with a product as good but that treats their customers right and has an ethical approach to standing behind their product i will be jumping ship along with many others im sure....bad way to build customer loyalty DJI you might want to rethink how you treat the people buying your drones and supporting your company as if you took care of your customers right and your ethics were half as good as your product...  people like myself would have stuck with you through thick and thin!

2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to say that DJI doesn't have the global warranty, so we always recommend the customers purchase the DJI products from the authorized retailers or DJI online store, we appreciate your understanding. Sorry again for the inconvenience you have been caused.
2017-10-23
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear rszarka,

You should read this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-116759-1-1.html
2017-10-23
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Unfortunately the problem with Importing from outside AU.
I would of asked for the unit back and sent it back to Amazon for replacement.  
2017-10-23
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Thanks for the warning, too late in my case though. I did buy my Mavic on a vacation in Portugal and only learned later that DJI has no global warranty policy... Still love the Mavic, but hope nothing goes wrong with it..
2017-10-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I thought the lack of a global warranty was a well known DJI "feature".  Certainly 2 mins of searching this thread, the FB groups or even google would have yielded that information.
Importing is usually cheaper due to huge world wide pricing differences (Fly more combo is $500 more in the UK than the US for example) but you have to gamble with the warranty.  Plenty of other big companies do this - Canon come to mind amongst others.
2017-10-23
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am sorry but I can't even sympathise with you. The issue of no international warranty has not been a secret and has been mentioned many times. If you buy any product from overseas you have to be prepared to send it back if there is an issue. In your case, the cost of the repair in Australia was probably less than the cost of returning the item to Amazon as postage rates in Australia are expensive.
The items may be cheaper when buying overseas but for me, the ability to have a local warranty far outweighed the extra cost to buy from a local supplier.
2017-10-23
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

Docaraxa mate I am so very sorry this is happening to you mate! No one or no company should ever  ever treat someone like that! Karma is all i can say, they will pay for doing this sort of thing one day ...maybe not this year or next but it will catch up to them! I was reading a thread not too long ago with someone going through something similar for that exact same part..also some warranty cop out of some sort! Something to the effect of DJI will not sell them the part so they can fix it themselves and wanted a fortune for the repair...something to that effect  but they managed to get ahold of one that worked and fixed the mavic themself! Third party companies are now making these parts i believe ..it will void your warranty but lol what warranty!!! I took a quick look on ebay is this the part you need? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Flex ... RC540-/332177416488 i will look for that thread and send it to you maybe you can get some insight on how to solve this without letting this company extort 2k from you!

Everyone saying this issue of no global warranty is well known etc you are right! Like i said in my post this was my fault for not researching DJI first! I am new to this hobby and I just assumed that a company that is at the top of its field had to have ethics along with fair and honest policies to get there ! You know what they say about the word ASSume well this applies to me because i ASSumed something haha

I wrote this post to warn anyone else that may be assuming DJI takes care of its customers so people realise what they are getting into before they import a DJI product or think they are covered when they buy that extra 48 hour warranty they offer! So people know if they recieve a defective 2k product DJI will not replace or repair it if they got from another country!

ANyone that lives in Australia knows why an Australian would order something from overseas the prices here are greatly inflated! Im not talking 50 dollars more or 100 but more like 1 k more and up to buy things in the stores! The cost of living and business is so high the companies have to charge exorbitant prices! I lived abroad most of my life, i nearly fell over when i saw what things cost when i first arrived home! If you are on a budget order online or wait and spend a lot longer is the game...

Jenee you are a DJI employee right? if so your reply exactly proves my point! Not im so sorry for the troubles and that we sent you a defective unit but unfortunately this is our policy something like that..instead we cant sympathise with you for being annoyed that we sent you a defective product and refused to replace or repair it you should have known better than to import our product so dont complain! oh and your shipping costs were probably more than the repair so your a dumbass for not just paying us ...You people are something else lol
I dont want or need anyones sympathy, however you should give it to docaraxa!
i got every last penny back including the cost of shipping both ways because Amazon does things right and knows how to treat their customers! Thats why Amazon is where it is and has a massive global extremely loyal customer base! While im pretty sure your customer base is going to shrink rapidly once another company that makes just as good a product says hey i know how to get everyone from DJi ...just stand behind our product globally and be honest about warranty services and they will come running
The mavic had a bad gimbal board it was only 107 for the repair..67 of which was labor...it was not about the money but principal..i would not of paid 1 dollar! I will not pay to fix a defective brand new product right out of the box no matter what your policy is! In fact I am simply amazed any company would dare ship defective products and try on a technicality to say errmm too bad you pay to fix it , its simply amazing lol Its a slippery slope.. You let people get away with crap like that and the end of the world is near.... So yeah right now for me its whatever i will just buy my next drone from one of your major competitors that has a better customer service policy that I can live with! Like i said in my first post its DJI who loses...they lose a customer...get a bad rap...and get the drone back..its on its way back to you right now...

Its such a shame as i love the product..i have a phantom 4 its my favourite piece of tech i try to fly it daily...its awesome in every way ...such a shame that i now have to find another brand who's product i enjoy as much for my next aircraft. As i can not support a company with your policy's and ethics ..i wonder how many Docaraxa like stories are out there? people who saved forever paid a fortune and just got slammed by one of your warranty escape hatches...no way am i being a part of supporting that in any way!
2017-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose the first question should be why did you try to import from USA when Mavic is available in your own Country.
I suspect you did this to save a few quid with not paying correct duties and taxes, while you have no responsibility to the taxpayers and those employed in your country trying to make an honest living, you will find that most importers of goods into your country will be aware and take full responsibility for those goods they imported, something you are here clearly shirking .
Yes it is and has been a problem for dji not having international warranty and hopefully they will address this in the future but I would imagine that it will also firmly shut the door for those trying to purchase they’re drone from a country which has a lower base price.

Having said you are also the owner of a P4 then one would assume you might have been aware of the warranty pertaining to dji’s policy on where you would ship your faulty drone , but sometimes we get blinkered when we see the initial savings that can be made when buying outside our own jurisdiction, but in the end what goes around comes around.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
2017-10-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Im still struggling to see how someone can not know this.  Its not a secret and its a long standing policy.  A few minutes of research would show that.  I knew before buying mind i'd have no warranty.
People just need to decide if no warranty is worth saving $500 or so for.  I judged it was.

As i said above, its not a DJI thing.  Canon, lots of computer manufacturers and in fact, a large chunk of electronic manufacturers do the same.

2017-10-24
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-24 07:43
I suppose the first question should be why did you try to import from USA when Mavic is available in your own Country.
I suspect you did this to save a few quid with not paying correct duties and taxes, while you have no responsibility to the taxpayers and those employed in your country trying to make an honest living, you will find that most importers of goods into your country will be aware and take full responsibility for those goods they imported, something you are here clearly shirking .
Yes it is and has been a problem for dji not having international warranty and hopefully they will address this in the future but I would imagine that it will also firmly shut the door for those trying to purchase they’re drone from a country which has a lower base price.

Hallmark i had the Phantom 4 for one week before i ordered the mavic ...i liked it so much that i wanted the mavic as well to film on a pending vacation since there was a problem with my phantom RC so no i had not been around long enough to read all of the policy's of this company. and ordered in good faith...why did i order online because it was over 1000 dollars more in the stores ! thats not greed but common sense!  Yes if the prices are close why buy overseas ....not when the gap is that big however.

What amazes me the most is when fans of a product stick up for the rotten practices of a company...just stick up for the company in general no matter what....
Like you coming here and calling me greedy and what not because i wrote a post to warn others not to import dji products without knowing what they are getting into.first..how dare i be upset a company shipped me an expensive product that was defective then expected me to pay to fix it, thats entirely unreasonable! ..i must be out of my mind to think thats a crappy thing lol BTW i paid import fees and duty  for this purchase!
i must be also crazy to save myself a thousand dollars on a purchase ....anyone that imports anything to a country is a greedy  scheming jerk avoiding import fees  and not patriotic right ?.....all those thousands of people on trustpilot reviews are all unreasonable and nuts as well i suppose...yep you definately have some good points here!

Maybe if yourself and others like you were as worried about sticking up for other people as you are for sticking up for DJI they would be forced to treat their customers ethically and there would not be so many people out there that have been to hell and back because of their policys!  I read a story on Amazon in the customer reviews section 2 days ago from a father whos young kid saved for a year and a half for his phantom before ending up somewhere similar to where i did ....you wanna stick up for DJI over the kid that saved for a year and a half who just should of read the no global warranty policy first and others like him go ahead..i will stick with the people crowd!

im not getting into a flame war with you lot ..i have said my piece ...this is my last reply.
2017-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-24 08:25
Hallmark i had the Phantom 4 for one week before i ordered the mavic ...i liked it so much that i wanted the mavic as well to film on a pending vacation since there was a problem with my phantom RC so no i had not been around long enough to read all of the policy's of this company. and ordered in good faith...why did i order online because it was over 1000 dollars more in the stores ! thats not greed but common sense!  Yes if the prices are close why buy overseas ....not when the gap is that big however.

What amazes me the most is when fans of a product stick up for the rotten practices of a company...just stick up for the company in general no matter what....

I think as gnirt explained it’s the same for a lot of companies not just dji, if you buy your cannon in Japan that’s where your service centre is.
Try buying Bose speakers outside your own country impossible, nobody is defending dji here so you just sound ridiculous and petty if that’s your only argument,
Truth is your starting to sound like you accept no responsibility for not properly researching the product you were buying, this practice by dji is not unfamiliar in the tech business , and while I’m sure Apple have set a very high benchmark for other companies to live up to,  you will find when Apple was 11 years old they had there own problems with service.

And when you find a drone manufacturer that offers you a better drone and better service for the money you might come back and let us know.
2017-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-24 08:25

It seems reading your other thread you were already well aware of the service agreement on your Mavic .

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-10-24
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Well guys,

I am here, not to throw gasoline on flames but to discuss, gently, politely and with manners I suppose I can.
Rszarka
Thank you very much for your attention trying to help me.
We are not here to blame no one. We are here because we love our hobby and want to share good and bad moments, trying, not to get sympathy, but respect and to help each other.
That is my point of view. I am not saying I am right; that is just the way I think.
But it is very interesting to see how annoyed hallmark007 felt in this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-109952-1-1.html
and almost everyone tried to help or at least comfort him. And that was awesome, and I really believe he felt better with this support of users.
But that was when he had problems!
Now, someone else is having problems; that he is not.
So…..
Hallmark,
Importing a product is not equal doing something nationally wrong.
We are not robbing the nation when we import something!
We pay taxes.
But, my reality is completely different.
I didn’t import nothing: I bought a MP paying 7K bucks! In Brazil!
It is similar as you pay 7K of your bucks, in Ireland.
And without any respect, the company that “offers” warranty accused me to turn on with clamp and blow the flex cable, asking me more 2K bucks….I repeat: 2K bucks to fix it!
Do you remember the sensation when you are being accused; just as a remind, read your thread:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-109952-1-1.html

I know you are a Capitain. And I respect your position; your experience, but, you should agree that it is not just Rszarka that is complaining about the support of DJI. We have so many persons repeating it, including you, that we should try to discuss it better way. Trying to involve some DJI’s representative person.
This would help everyone, including DJI. And, forgive me, dear hallmark_007, but this sentence: “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.” was a proof of disrespect to someone you don`t know. You can`t assume someone that thinks different from you is wrong, cursed or dishonest!
And just to finish, I have to add another opinion: this "motor overload" issue had became so epidemic that DJI would be worried about it. It is a hardware issue!!!! So...it is a DJI`s problem!
By the way, I don’t want sympathy from anyone.
I am not accusing DJI for my problem, but I want to bring it here, to share, discuss, help and get some help.
Just this!

2017-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-24 09:40
Well guys,

I am here, not to throw gasoline on flames but to discuss, gently, politely and with manners I suppose I can.

If you read my first post you would have read.

Quote: Yes it is and has been a problem for dji not having international warranty and hopefully they will address this in the future but I would imagine that it will also firmly shut the door for those trying to purchase they’re drone from a country which has a lower base price.

There are many other companies that adopt the same policy as dji do at present. It’s not unusual and it was something that the op was aware of as you will see from my last post.

I do support the need for international warranty but with that will come the abolition of being able to import dji products from other countries , so what you gain on the swings you will lose on the roundabout ,
If you think about it logically if it was the case that we could all go to the cheapest country purchase at the lowest base price and save a bunch of money and have full international warranty.
I cannot go to any website and buy an Apple phone from the USA which is €200 cheaper than in my country because Apple will only allow me to purchase from the location I live in and because they do this then they are obligated to offer international warranty on my phone.
Some people want to have their cake and eat it and I was trying to explain that this is not going to happen.

Now regarding my own thread I am very thankful to those who supported me, it was clearly not everybody but hey this is an open forum.
It dose not mean at all costs I should support all other situations where  others find themselves in difficulty, and the reasons should be pointed out , if you think because I got some support for my case which was totally different and nothing resembling this case that I should join in the hysteria of just knocking dji when I know there is no need or cause for it.

Yes I do believe that it would be better for all if dji had international warranty, but for those who choose to purchase outside their jurisdiction saving a lot of money but still expecting an international warranty this is just wishful thinking.

“People should be careful what they wish for because it just might come true”
2017-10-24
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-24 10:42
If you read my first post you would have read.

Quote: Yes it is and has been a problem for dji not having international warranty and hopefully they will address this in the future but I would imagine that it will also firmly shut the door for those trying to purchase they’re drone from a country which has a lower base price.

Ok hallmark_007,
You blessed us with your knowledge.
I didn`t even know that a brazilian citizen buying a drone in Brazil, was trying to grab some better prices all over the world! But as you are staring only in this point of discussion......So!!!!!! There is nothing else to say, but, so many biblical words in a sharp mouth!
I apologize for some inconvenience!

2017-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-24 14:17
Ok hallmark_007,
You blessed us with your knowledge.
I didn`t even know that a brazilian citizen buying a drone in Brazil, was trying to grab some better prices all over the world! But as you are staring only in this point of discussion......So!!!!!! There is nothing else to say, but, so many biblical words in a sharp mouth!

I have only seen your case now, I don’t believe it is the same as this case and none of my comments were directed towards you or the difficulties your having getting your Mavic repaired.
I have made my comment on your thread.
2017-10-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

This is sad, but unhappily also happens with other brands.... Had similar problem with an HP laptop, and a friend with a sony product... but I have a few words to say:
I'm from Brazil and bought my Mavic in the USA. Yes, I saved a few bucks and no, I didn't do anything illegal. I paid US$280 to brazilian customs when I got back. Although I was aware the waranty was not valid in Brazil, if I had a deffective unit the least I would expect from a global company as DJI is to offer me some alternatives to make things easier, and treat me like a good customer.

I hope in the future DJI expands warranty to all countries that it have business on.
2017-10-24
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-24 17:17
This is sad, but unhapily also happens with other brands.... Had similar problem with an HP laptop, and a friend with a sony product...

ro_flyer

Really, i had never heard of this practice before..although I do not import things often.. Thats quite amazing...I always thought if a company sends a defective unit they fix that problem right away no matter what for fear of getting a bad reputation and losing trust in the consumer market and or just an ethical code of you dont sell people broken things! But yeah you and someone else here mentioned there are other big companies that do this....incredible stuff, Whats this world coming to where its ok and acceptable to send expensive broken products to people because of some policy... To the point where some people are actually sticking up for the companies that have this practice its a bit of a phenomenon lol and im not talking about you Ro_flyer I see you are also in Brazil, what do you guys do when your drone breaks? Just fix it yourself from parts and Youtube videos? While that is pretty rough enough initially it may end up being pretty cool knowing how to sort all of the problems with your drone yourself I got like that with computers and now can fix any problme myself and its priceless not having to deal with customer service departments....  Do you have any youtube videos of your flights over Brazil i could check out?

well I am schooled!

Hallmark buddy, i am done with arguing you are perfectly entitled to your opinion on all of this so noted.

I still want to get that second drone in case my Phantom goes down.....i have disabilities i dont move well so i use drones to encourage me to be more active and move as much as possible which is priceless for me as i make myself walk to the flying locations which for me is very heavy activity so i need a back up.... has anyone here ever given the Yuneec Typhoon a go? It looks pretty decent, anyone here with any experience with them? Intel has invested in the company i read somewhere...im going to do my homework this time before i buy... Any reccomendations of DJI alternatives?
2017-10-24
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-24 07:16
Docaraxa mate I am so very sorry this is happening to you mate! No one or no company should ever  ever treat someone like that! Karma is all i can say, they will pay for doing this sort of thing one day ...maybe not this year or next but it will catch up to them! I was reading a thread not too long ago with someone going through something similar for that exact same part..also some warranty cop out of some sort! Something to the effect of DJI will not sell them the part so they can fix it themselves and wanted a fortune for the repair...something to that effect  but they managed to get ahold of one that worked and fixed the mavic themself! Third party companies are now making these parts i believe ..it will void your warranty but lol what warranty!!! I took a quick look on ebay is this the part you need? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Flexible-Flat-Ribbon-Cable-Camera-Gimbal-Layer-Accessroy-for-DJI-Mavic-Pro-RC540-/332177416488 i will look for that thread and send it to you maybe you can get some insight on how to solve this without letting this company extort 2k from you!

Everyone saying this issue of no global warranty is well known etc you are right! Like i said in my post this was my fault for not researching DJI first! I am new to this hobby and I just assumed that a company that is at the top of its field had to have ethics along with fair and honest policies to get there ! You know what they say about the word ASSume well this applies to me because i ASSumed something haha

You rambled up the wrong tree, I don't work for DJI, I just fly their great products.
2017-10-24
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-24 21:40
You rambled up the wrong tree, I don't work for DJI, I just fly their great products.

I do ramble too much sometimes when im excited! My sincere apologies in that case Jenee and thank you for your input...enjoy your flying

Continuing with the topic For anyone that is interested  in what else is out there  and finding out if there is an alternative with a good drone but better customer service options......
Sounds like Yuneec is taking the initiative with great customer service i still have to confirm if that is true or not but the below article i found looks promising.... Im just curious how good their drone actually is whether it can compare to the DJI drones or not anyone have any idea ?
I haven't been able to find info yet whether their warranty service is global or not ...i looked at their warranty page and while it does not say global warranty it does not mention that it does not have it or  they do not mention any geographic boundaries anywhere on the page....I am about to send them an email regarding this topic , i will post the reply here when i get it. If it is global then i think this is may be my next drone to try instead of the mavic.

Yuneec Warranty page

Ro_flyer and docaraxa if they do have global warranty service this may well be a better option for Brazil ...if i do get a Typhoon i will post an honest comparison review here on it once i try it out so we can compare it to the DJI drones I will ask them in my  email what options people in Brazil have when it comes to their warranties for you guys....

Just found the below browsing the web which sounds promising

YUNEEC STEPS UP WARRANTY PROGRAM WITH UNLIMITED MANUFACTURER DEFECT REPAIRS.
AUGUST 11, 2017

Yuneec may not be the largest drone manufacturer in the world, but the maker of the Typhoon drone has long been known as the winning drone company when it comes to customer service.

And now, it’s raising the stakes with a new customer service program.

Yuneec this week announced its Yuneec Extended Service (and yes, the company is referring to it with the acronym “YES!”) plan.

The plan will cover unlimited manufacturer defect repairs.  The key there is “manufacturer defect” which means if you fly your drone into the lake, you’re probably not covered.

But, the warranty will cover other manufacturer defects, such as electronics problems or software issues, such as a flyaway.

All Yuneec customers get a standard one-year warranty, but the YES! extended warranty plan extends that out an additional year.

If you anticipate crashing and damaging your drone, you might want to think about Yuneec’s new Crash Forgiveness plan. That plan runs concurrently with the standard manufacture warranty included with Yuneec products, covering manufacture defect repairs as well as up to two non-warranty repairs that call under the “crash forgiveness” category.

Additional non-warranty repairs will be 50% off.

The prices vary based on the type of drone and the plan:

YES! Breeze Plan                                  $59
YES! Typhoon H Plan                           $199
YES! Typhoon H w/ RealSense Plan $279
Breeze Plan                                        $89
Typhoon H Plan                                 $229
Typhoon H w/ RealSense Plan        $299

2017-10-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-24 18:31
ro_flyer

Really, i had never heard of this practice before..although I do not import things often.. Thats quite amazing...I always thought if a company sends a defective unit they fix that problem right away no matter what for fear of getting a bad reputation and losing trust in the consumer market and or just an ethical code of you dont sell people broken things! But yeah you and someone else here mentioned there are other big companies that do this....incredible stuff, Whats this world coming to where its ok and acceptable to send expensive broken products to people because of some policy... To the point where some people are actually sticking up for the companies that have this practice its a bit of a phenomenon lol and im not talking about you Ro_flyer  I see you are also in Brazil, what do you guys do when your drone breaks? Just fix it yourself from parts and Youtube videos? While that is pretty rough enough initially it may end up being pretty cool knowing how to sort all of the problems with your drone yourself  I got like that with computers and now can fix any problme myself and its priceless not having to deal with customer service departments....  Do you have any youtube videos of your flights over Brazil i could check out?

When our drones break we pray that some "drone fixer" guys have cannibalized spare parts and do a good job on fixing our birds... and yes we pay a good amount of money for this...

That's why  here in Brazil we're one of the most careful and skilled drone pilots of the world...
2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-24 15:21
I have only seen your case now, I don’t believe it is the same as this case and none of my comments were directed towards you or the difficulties your having getting your Mavic repaired.
I have made my comment on your thread.

Dear hallmark_007,

Despite of disagreements, I am very proud to be part of a place where persons can discuss with respect.
And that is the word: I respect you and all your experience; and I must respect you as a person.
I read your considerations in my thread and made mine.
Thanks again.
2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-25 00:25
When our drones break we pray that some "drone fixer" guys have cannibalized spare parts and do a good job on fixing our birds... and yes we pay a good amount of money for this...

That's why  here in Brazil we're one of the most careful and skilled drone pilots of the world...

I loved that part:
"That's why  here in Brazil we're one of the most careful and skilled drone pilots of the world"
You are the man, my friend!!!!
2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-24 22:40
I do ramble too much sometimes when im excited! My sincere apologies in that case Jenee and thank you for your input...enjoy your flying

Continuing with the topic For anyone that is interested  in what else is out there  and finding out if there is an alternative with a good drone but better customer service options......

My dear rszarka,

Thanks for all your concern and strengh trying to bring points to discuss and, possibly helping each other.
In my humble opinion Yuneec has the second drones in market; but only the second!
2017-10-25
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-25 01:36
My dear rszarka,

Thanks for all your concern and strengh trying to bring points to discuss and, possibly helping each other.

damn Ro_flyer that is a pretty rough gig! Knowing that if you hurt your drone in anyway you are probably down for the count and have no way to fix it! I would imagine that would breed very careful and very good pilots!
Do many drone owners in your country learn how to fix these drones themselves in that case?
I will still let you know what Yuneec says about warrantys and repairs ..i asked them directly how they would handle warrantys and or paid repairs from people in Brazil. Even though the Typhoon seems to be sub-par in many ways as per what i say below it still may be a better option where you guys live if you can actually get repairs for it.
I think im going to see if a can learn how to fix these things, there seems to be parts available online for them, ultimately not having to rely on any customer service would be awesome ...especially for you guys where it is so hard and so expensive....
DO you or Docaraxa have any online videos of Brazil i could check out?

I am still waiting for Yuneec customer service to get back to me .....so in sticking with an honest comparison ..i got a message when i emailed them that my question would be answered in 5-7 days.

Dji usually replies within a day to my queries or much sooner...so in timeframe of answer DJi is way ahead....

I have done some research on the Typhoon, like you said Docaraxa it is probably second best, even though its second best it seems to be quite a ways behind the DJI products.
It does have some neat features that only the Inspire series has however.

The typhoon has :-
Retractable landing gear and a gimbal that can rotate a full 360 degrees.. Although the video quality seems to be a ways behind DJI's from what I have seen.

The Typhoon is not very portable, it is quite large ..its prop arms do fold down but its still pretty big regardless in its closed position. It does not come with a foam box like the Phantoms do so someone would have to buy some sort of case to carry the Typhoon around.

The android controller for it is pretty big and bulky with tons of switches.. although it has its own built in Android screen...i personally think the DJI controllers are much better All around. From what i have read the flight App is not nearly as intuitive or good as the Go app either.

Also the Typhoon does not have the obstacle avoidance that DJi's drones do ..the Typhoon has 2 acoustical sensors "similar to sonar tech" at the front and thats it i believe ...the acoustic sensors are far less reliable and sophisticated than the DJI vision sensors supposedly....Apparently it is not good at hovering at low altitudes and is a bit floaty due to the lack of downward facing sensors.
Although i find i nearly always turn my p4 into sport mode once in the air and rarely have a need for the sensors .. so not sure how much of a disability it is not to have them once you are up in the air and flying about i guess it depends on your flying habits wether you fly low around a lot of obstacles or not. Although having obstacle avoidance in RTH mode or follow mode / active track is important and i dont believe the Typhoon has anything like that which could lead to a crash in certain situations which the DJI drones would probably automatically avoid.

The flight time is a good few minutes under DJI drones i think 22 minutes hovering or 19 in flight ..so they are pretty far below the DJI flight times .....also there is no battery indicator on their batteries and i believe you dont  have an indictaor like in the go app which lets you know when you need to turn around and come home. So it is harder  to check what the battery levels are with a Typhoon and know when its time to recharge or land.

The typhoon  has 6 rotors and apparently can still fly and land safely if one goes down..

One of my favorite things about the DJi products is the range ..its amazing how far these drones can go i was just blown away when i first found out the ranges..i have seen a video on youtube of a mavic going almost 9 k away from the operater " dont worry even though beyond line of sight it was a safe flight over farmlands" and getting back safely ...apparently the typhoons range is only about 1 mile which is way below what the DJI drones can do..

I only see two advantages the typhoon has over say a mavic or Phantom ...1 retractable landing gear and 360 rotating gimbal...2 dual operator capabilities..if you have a second controller you can have a friend operate the camera while you fly or vice versa..i bet that second controller is quite expensive though.

I watched this comparison video ......i think any DJI drone owner being used to phantoms or Mavics might be disappointed if they switched it would probably feel like a downgrade...

So for me in the end while i do not approve of how DJI treats its customers in some ways the other drones that are out there are still not nearly close enough in quality and features  ..  i can tell from that comparison video i would not enjoy the typhoon nearly as much and i know i really liked the mavic when i tried it out even though i did not have a video feed, it handled like a Boss!
One question for any Mavic owners that read this, how do you find the third party leg extensions you can get? On take off and landing It was difficult to find grass short enough so the props didnt get tangled or ground clear enough of debris with the mavic being so flat to the ground....

Now I understand why people still buy DJI products regardless of situations like mine. ..Bottom line is if you want to buy a product you have to be willing to deal with that companies policies...
While i still believe selling someone something broken then saying too bad for any reason whatsoever is  very very slack and  a dishonest thing for any company or person to do...
At this point their products are too good and too far ahead of the competition to choose going with the next best product over crappy company policies.
Overall this was my bad as i didnt research and find out about this policy first ...that was pretty stupid of me.
I  will shut up now and get on with getting a new Mavic and just accept this is how DJi does things unfortunately..
2017-10-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-26 23:28
damn Ro_flyer that is a pretty rough gig! Knowing that if you hurt your drone in anyway you are probably down for the count and have no way to fix it! I would imagine that would breed very careful and very good pilots!
Do many drone owners in your country learn how to fix these drones themselves in that case?
I will still let you know what Yuneec says about warrantys and repairs ..i asked them directly how they would handle warrantys and or paid repairs from people in Brazil. Even though the Typhoon seems to be sub-par in many ways as per what i say below it still may be a better option where you guys live if you can actually get repairs for it.

At this point their products are too good and too far ahead of the competition to choose going with the next best product over crappy company policies.

I thought about replying to you before and saying essentially that but it's probably just as well that you found out for yourself. Hopefully your next drone will work fine out of the box as DJI's products usually do, in which case the quality of support won't matter.

One question for any Mavic owners that read this, how do you find the third party leg extensions you can get?

Many people seem quite happy with them, and though I own a set myself I don't use them. I prefer a landing pad like this one instead for a couple of different reasons: specifically, because it doesn't add weight / reduce flying time, and because it'll work in even tall grass / weeds. Plus, the extensions have the disadvantage of sometimes interfering with the Mavic's downward sensors (there are a handful of threads where that's discussed), though they do have the advantage of being much more compact than a landing pad.
2017-10-27
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-27 03:49

I thought about replying to you before and saying essentially that but it's probably just as well that you found out for yourself. Hopefully your next drone will work fine out of the box as DJI's products usually do, in which case the quality of support won't matter.

Droneflying thank you very much for taking to time to write this info for me...everything you said makes perfect sense and i think that pad you linked is  exactly what i will get with my new Mavic...Why make flying times shorter and Add extra weight to the craft when you can just chuck down a pad ..great stuff!

I read somewhere that Ocusync is much more reliable than Lightbridge..is this the case? While my P4 goes really far i do always get signal drop outs even in the best of areas, i read this is pretty standard....Is it the same case with the Mavic or is it much better at maintaining signal and a steady video feed? While my P4 always reconnects its still scares me every time it happens haha

I know when i took a short flight with the broken Mavic i had it just handled so well it was amazing ..very responsive and easy to control ..i landed it in the palm of my hand as the ground was full of rocks ..it was not hard at all to accomplish once turning off the sensors so it didnt keep running away from my hand haha

2017-10-27
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

I brought my Mavic pro Fly More Combo which also includes free 64 GB card + Charging Hub + Car Charger + Shoulder Bag from aus-cameras.com in Aug its the cheapest price I found in Australia at the time $1899 you can get it from them now for $1729 they order straight from DJI warehouse you get it delivered to your door by DHL in few days and because its an authorised DJI seller the warranty applies
2017-10-28
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-10-28 03:49
I brought my Mavic pro Fly More Combo which also includes free 64 GB card + Charging Hub + Car Charger + Shoulder Bag from aus-cameras.com in Aug its the cheapest price I found in Australia at the time $1899 you can get it from them now for $1729 they order straight from DJI warehouse you get it delivered to your door by DHL in few days and because its an authorised DJI seller the warranty applies

Dj Enertia Thanks a ton for that info mate! I had not really considered the fly more combo as I was trying to get the best price I could and slowly build on the extras I wanted. That’s a good deal though with all of whats included! I will give it a look and a think! Thank you very much for the info! Are you Sydney based by any chance?

Since I am still very new to this I have not spent that much time yet on the forums so not sure if this is common knowledge or not. I made a discovery today and figured I would mention it here in case someone that reads this doesn’t know about it.

I have been using only my iPad mini2 with the controller as I like having a bigger screen for the FPV.  Usually at about 500 m or so I start getting video feed drop outs and short disconnects ..even with direct line of sight no buildings trees in between etc. I figured that’s just part of the game and never paid too much attention to it.  I decided to do my second flight using my galaxy s7edge instead of the iPad just to try it out.... well I don’t think I will ever use the iPad mini again for my flights.
I was flying over bondi beach which is about 2.5k long.  Usually about half way across maybe a bit less the beach the signal would get pretty dodgy and I would not go much further. With the S7 I went right to the other end and beyond without one single video drop out or disconnect. The signal was solid as a rock the whole way even about 2.8 k away. I turned around for battery concerns not because of the usual signal concerns ..simply amazing, what a difference more than double the distance and zero signal issues! Not even one flicker! So it seems like my signal problems were all to do with my iPad mini! Bondi has free public wifi and towers all over the beach transmitting the signal so not the best place for flying signalwise..even given that fact my range was spectacular in comparison to what I’m used to!
So yeah anyone flying with an iPad mini 2 give it a go with a newer device you may find a world of difference like I did. Stuff the bigger screen rather have a perfect signal any day ! What this teaches me is I really need to spend some time reading the forums here as I’m pretty sure this is something most regular drone pilots know about.  I don’t really understand why an older device would have much worse signal performance as I thought that would all be something to do with the rc controller not the device displaying the video feed but yeah seems to be the case.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

rszarka Posted at 2017-10-28 09:14
Dj Enertia Thanks a ton for that info mate! I had not really considered the fly more combo as I was trying to get the best price I could and slowly build on the extras I wanted. That’s a good deal though with all of whats included! I will give it a look and a think! Thank you very much for the info! Are you Sydney based by any chance?

Since I am still very new to this I have not spent that much time yet on the forums so not sure if this is common knowledge or not. I made a discovery today and figured I would mention it here in case someone that reads this doesn’t know about it.

Hi Rszarka im from Brisbane.Yeah sometimes different combinations of RC and phone plus GO4app versions and iOS or Android can have different results on how the combinations going to work together with your Drone.When u get the right combo right its great when not your going to have issues so im glad u found a set up that works better than before.These forums are great you have lots of great people and Admins in this community that are always here to help out if u need help..so welcome.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules