Have DJI Care Refresh, but left on the hook for $178 in shipping ...
3837 39 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

I recently had to use DJI Care Refresh and this has been my experience.

I live in Canada which is one of the coverage areas for DJI Care Refresh. When I bought a Mavic Pro Platinum in February I also bought the DJI Care Refresh protection plan.

In late March I crashed my drone, doing some damage to it. I contacted DJI and they gave me instructions for sending the drone to their service facility in Grapevine, Texas, USA. After sending to Texas, DJI decided the drone qualified for replacement under the DJI Care Refresh plan. I paid the US$89. Everything's good so far. Late last week DJI shipped the drone back to me. It's shipped by ground so it takes about a week to arrive. On Wednesday I had an email from UPS saying that import fees are due on the shipment, and I can't have the shipment until they are paid. The import fees are 178.39! According to the DJI Care Refresh plan, DJI is responsible for all shipping costs. So I sent an email to DJI and asked them to pay the invoice from UPS. I included a link to a webpage where they could see the itemized charges and also pay the invoice online. Late yesterday DJI sent me an email back saying they had already took care of the shipping and would not pay customs fees. But the itemized invoice doesn't list any customs fees, it lists mostly brokerage fees and freight. DJI told me I should pay the invoice, take a picture of the receipt, send them the picture, and MAYBE they will do something for me.

Am I wrong in thinking this service is very shoddy?

Also, on April 18 I had sent DJI an email specifically asking them to not use UPS to ship the drone back to me because UPS is notorious for charging exorbitant brokerage fees when delivering items from the US to Canada. They shipped by UPS anyway.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Verslen, we're sorry for the troubles. Could you leave your case number here? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-4-29
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-29 18:48
Hey Verslen, we're sorry for the troubles. Could you leave your case number here? We'd like to check the exact status.

Hi DJI Susan.
The case number is CAS-1630322-N3H5G4.
Let me know if you need anything else.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Verslen Posted at 2018-4-29 19:20
Hi DJI Susan.
The case number is CAS-1630322-N3H5G4.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Received with thanks! I have forwarded this to the management for investigation, they will check the exact status and help you out. There might be some delay due to the holiday, we'll keep follow up as well.
2018-4-29
Use props
fansf3fbaa57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 552867 ft
Canada

In the same boat here as well. Also from Canada. I have care refresh and UPS is charging me. NOT HAPPY!!! Very shady!!! Will be contacting DJI
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansf3fbaa57 Posted at 2018-5-2 20:13
In the same boat here as well. Also from Canada. I have care refresh and UPS is charging me. NOT HAPPY!!! Very shady!!! Will be contacting DJI

Sorry to read on this, I failed to get your case number via your Forum account, could you please post the case number here for further support? Thank you.
2018-5-2
Use props
fansf3fbaa57
lvl.1
Canada

CAS-1687696-F1F0Y1
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the case number, we have escalated the case to the appropriate team to follow up and look into, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-2
Use props
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

did you get it sorted out?
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Did you encounter the same issue?
2018-5-3
Use props
fansf3fbaa57
lvl.1
Canada

Yep. UPS driver showed up and asked for 178.00. Declined package.
2018-5-3
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

So 2 days ago I had a voicemail from a person named 'Apple' at DJI. They advised me to not pay the shipping charge from UPS. There had been a miscommunication between DJI and UPS. I should not have been charged the shipping fee. DJI were letting UPS know to bill them for the shipment and not me.

To make a long story short, I still cannot pick up the shipment because UPS has no record of DJI paying the shipping or communicating to UPS that they are going to pay the shipping.
Yesterday I was promised in a telephone call with 'Apple' at DJI support that the problem would be fixed by the end of the day and I would be able to pick up the package. It wasn't and it still isn't. The package has now been sitting in a UPS warehouse a couple miles from my home for over a week and I'm still no closer to being able to pick it up. DJI customer service is a joke.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Verslen Posted at 2018-5-3 17:08
So 2 days ago I had a voicemail from a person named 'Apple' at DJI. They advised me to not pay the shipping charge from UPS. There had been a miscommunication between DJI and UPS. I should not have been charged the shipping fee. DJI were letting UPS know to bill them for the shipment and not me.

To make a long story short, I still cannot pick up the shipment because UPS has no record of DJI paying the shipping or communicating to UPS that they are going to pay the shipping.

Verslen, sorry to know the issue still hasn't been sorted out, I will confirm with the support team about the current status and keep you updated, please wait a moment, thank you.
2018-5-3
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

Did you confirm with the support team about the current status DJI Mindy?
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Verslen Posted at 2018-5-4 09:43
Did you confirm with the support team about the current status DJI Mindy?

Verslen, our designated department confirmed that the shipping fee should be covered by DJI. And our support failed to contact you before. Please check your email or spam again.
2018-5-4
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-4 19:46
Verslen, our designated department confirmed that the shipping fee should be covered by DJI. And our support failed to contact you before. Please check your email or spam again.

DJI Elektra,
Did you read my previous post in this thread (#12)? I'm not sure how this helps me at all.

DJI Support let me know 4 days ago that they would cover the shipping fee. The problem is that they have not yet covered the fee and they have not communicated to UPS that they are going to cover the fee. Until that happens UPS will not let me have the package.

When I ordered the drone from DJI back in February it took 4 days from when I placed the order for it to come all the way from China to my front door in Canada.  The drone replacement under DJI Care Refresh has now sat in a UPS warehouse 2 miles from my home for 9 days and I still don't know when I will be able to receive it. DJI Support should hang it's head in shame.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Verslen Posted at 2018-5-5 09:23
DJI Elektra,
Did you read my previous post in this thread (#12)? I'm not sure how this helps me at all.

Verslen, the update may get delayed because of the weekend, we are coordinating with UPS for further resolution, we will give pressure to UPS to address this out as soon as possible, no matter what comes out, we will have someone to contact you about the current status.
2018-5-7
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 00:17
Verslen, the update may get delayed because of the weekend, we are coordinating with UPS for further resolution, we will give pressure to UPS to address this out as soon as possible, no matter what comes out, we will have someone to contact you about the current status.

Thanks DJI Mindy.
2018-5-7
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

I have received the package now.
2018-5-7
Use props
robotdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2260 ft

This is all very similar to my situation but my import fees are even higher!

I sent my Mavic Pro Platinum from Canada to the Texas repair center and got the drone replaced under DJI Care Refresh. The drone is now in transit to my house and should be arriving on Wednesday but I have a lovely email from UPS stating that I need to pay $260CAD in import fees!!

Anyone else who lives in Canada should be aware of this as the only DJI Care Refresh center is in Texas. Using the DJI Care Refresh service as a Canadian is nearly just as expensive as buying another drone body.
2018-5-7
Use props
robotdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2260 ft

Heres my case number if anyone wants to help me as well!

Case No:  CAS-1702401-L8X9C3
2018-5-7
Use props
fans8069193b
lvl.1
Canada

robotdog Posted at 2018-5-7 16:40
This is all very similar to my situation but my import fees are even higher!

I sent my Mavic Pro Platinum from Canada to the Texas repair center and got the drone replaced under DJI Care Refresh. The drone is now in transit to my house and should be arriving on Wednesday but I have a lovely email from UPS stating that I need to pay $260CAD in import fees!!

same amount and same product.
UPS will send it back to DJI if I don't pay the $260 within 5 days.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Verslen Posted at 2018-5-7 14:00
I have received the package now.

Wow, that is such a good news, I'm so glad the issue was sorted out, we still would like to apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused, we will investigate the whole process and do our best to avoid the same issue happening again. Enjoy flying.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

robotdog Posted at 2018-5-7 16:48
Heres my case number if anyone wants to help me as well!

Case No:  CAS-1702401-L8X9C3

Sorry to know you have the same issue, we have escalated your case to the designated department who are going to take care of this for you as soon as possible, we will have someone to contact you after investigation, please sit tight and we will keep you updated.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8069193b Posted at 2018-5-7 19:00
same amount and same product.
UPS will send it back to DJI if I don't pay the $260 within 5 days.

We have replied your new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147443-1-1.html Please keep us updated there, thanks.
2018-5-7
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 19:47
Wow, that is such a good news, I'm so glad the issue was sorted out, we still would like to apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused, we will investigate the whole process and do our best to avoid the same issue happening again. Enjoy flying.

I would like to enjoy flying DJI Mindy but unfortunately the replacement drone sent to me did not include propellers. Also missing is a replacement battery I was supposed to receive for a battery damaged in the crash.

Can you let somebody know about this and tell them to send me the missing items ASAP?

I told Apple about it in an email but Apple does not usually reply to my emails.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Verslen Posted at 2018-5-8 17:08
I would like to enjoy flying DJI Mindy but unfortunately the replacement drone sent to me did not include propellers. Also missing is a replacement battery I was supposed to receive for a battery damaged in the crash.

Can you let somebody know about this and tell them to send me the missing items ASAP?

Sorry for the continued troubles, the issue has been forwarded to local repair team for attention, we will have someone to contact you, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-8
Use props
Verslen
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-8 21:18
Sorry for the continued troubles, the issue has been forwarded to local repair team for attention, we will have someone to contact you, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thanks DJI Mindy.
Is that a local repair team in Canada?
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Verslen Posted at 2018-5-9 03:46
Thanks DJI Mindy.
Is that a local repair team in Canada?

Sorry, I didn't describe clearly, the corresponding repair center of Canada is NA repair center, the missing parts will be shipped from NA, I saw our supervisor has contacted you and sent you email, hope you will receive them soon.
2018-5-9
Use props
fansdcc5ff3b
New
Flight distance : 902 ft
Canada

The exact same thing has happened to me. I got a bill from UPS for $260.81. I've contacted DJI for the last two weeks and it's the same song dance every time. They say they're going to get back to me within 24-48 hours and I never get a callback. Somone please help. My drone has been sitting at UPS now for who knows how long, very frustrating. CAS-1680315-N9Q9J4
2018-5-15
Use props
djiuser_bs38ncmVrUur
New
Flight distance : 52867 ft
Canada

Hi ! I'm also sitting on a 310$ shipping fees also from ups. I've called DJI support and they weren't very helpfull. I'm very frustrated. I'm located in Montreal, Québec.

Help you be very appreciated!
2018-5-15
Use props
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

I'm been getting the same fees from ups
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdcc5ff3b Posted at 2018-5-15 08:41
The exact same thing has happened to me. I got a bill from UPS for $260.81. I've contacted DJI for the last two weeks and it's the same song dance every time. They say they're going to get back to me within 24-48 hours and I never get a callback. Somone please help. My drone has been sitting at UPS now for who knows how long, very frustrating. CAS-1680315-N9Q9J4

Thanks for the case number and sorry for the inconvenience, we have escalated the case to the appropriate team to follow up and look into, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_bs38ncmVrUur Posted at 2018-5-15 09:29
Hi ! I'm also sitting on a 310$ shipping fees also from ups. I've called DJI support and they weren't very helpfull. I'm very frustrated. I'm located in Montreal, Québec.

Help you be very appreciated!

I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1717545-Q6W9R7, the issue has been escalated to the appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you in working hours and make it clear, thanks for your patience, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW Posted at 2018-5-16 07:36
I'm been getting the same fees from ups

I have replied your own thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-148722-1-1.html Please keep us updated there, thank you.
2018-5-17
Use props
lot.wendigo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1638481 ft
Canada

Yup. Exact same thing happened to me.
Case number is CAS-1640674-S2B7S9
I had my Mavic repaired through Care Refresh and it was returned to me.
Weeks later I received an invoice in the mail from UPS.
UPS is a horrible shipping choice when crossing the Canada/US border.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lot.wendigo Posted at 2018-6-8 06:33
Yup. Exact same thing happened to me.
Case number is CAS-1640674-S2B7S9
I had my Mavic repaired through Care Refresh and it was returned to me.

We are so sorry to know you have the same issue, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-8
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3291 ft

I am from Canada as well and currently communicating to DJI right now for my drone. They already received my drone this yesterday aND given me a quote for 130$ repair and 158$ shipping fee. I am not sure if I will pay this 158$ additional shipping fee will pay the charges that UPS is currently charging OR as above problems I have to pay 260$ again here in Canada. I am worried that till now DJI never resolve the problem. I also have Care Refresh but thinking of what they hare me for service 130$, freight 158$ and another 260$here in UPS will sum almost the same price as DJI refurbished Mavic Pro. And the fact that they sending a repair /refurbished unit to me back. Hope DJI will look to my case as well.  My case number is CAS-1869990-K7YB5.
2018-6-13
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3291 ft

Future Canadian DJI users and potential DJI Care Refresh customers should know this PROBLEM. For them to have OPTIONS. I hope DJI can solve this problem as DJI products no matter what great it is if the customer service is not good,  it may eventually bounce back to users trust DJI.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NPasion Posted at 2018-6-13 16:55
I am from Canada as well and currently communicating to DJI right now for my drone. They already received my drone this yesterday aND given me a quote for 130$ repair and 158$ shipping fee. I am not sure if I will pay this 158$ additional shipping fee will pay the charges that UPS is currently charging OR as above problems I have to pay 260$ again here in Canada. I am worried that till now DJI never resolve the problem. I also have Care Refresh but thinking of what they hare me for service 130$, freight 158$ and another 260$here in UPS will sum almost the same price as DJI refurbished Mavic Pro. And the fact that they sending a repair /refurbished unit to me back. Hope DJI will look to my case as well.  My case number is CAS-1869990-K7YB5.

NPasion, thanks for reaching us. The clearance issue for Canada customers has been figured out, no worries. If there is anything else we can help, do not hesitate to contact us.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules