Stuck in travel mode :: Firmware issue
12Next >
2347 42 2016-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waughdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I can't get my inpire 1 to exit travel mode because I updated the controler first (I know, I know - seems retarded that this can screw your machine up so bad though). I tried rolling back to 1.6 and 1.58 with no luck. Any suggestions? or should I just toss this thing in the trash.
2016-8-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You are not the first one to do this, dont feel bad. go to the link and you will be up and running before you can say "Bobs your Uncle ".

http://forum.dji.com/thread-50550-1-2.html

Read my tips page when you get the above sorted.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
donnie
2016-8-20
Use props
waughdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-20 13:02
You are not the first one to do this, dont feel bad. go to the link and you will be up and running b ...

Thanks - I actually found your thread earlier and that is how I rolled back to 1.6 and 1.58 - yet I could still not get out of travel mode. The remote would not connect to aircraft after I rolled back to previous versions. On the latest version (1.7) it would connect yet no response from when selecting exit travel mode.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated
2016-8-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

waughdesigns Posted at 2016-8-20 15:22
Thanks - I actually found your thread earlier and that is how I rolled back to 1.6 and 1.58 - yet  ...

When you rollback you must get it out of travel mode and then update the system.  Some think you just rollback and then update , this is not the case.

donnie

Let me know if still having trouble ,  ( If the above is not the cause )

You did not update the Aircraft in any way did you ?
Was 1.58 on the RC where you orginally started ? (Before updating )

donnie

2016-8-21
Use props
waughdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-21 03:08
When you rollback you must get it out of travel mode and then update the system.  Some think you ju ...

No I didn't update aircraft. I can't get the controller to connect to the bird when I roll back, therefore I can't get it to exit travel mode. Is there a master reset? just take everything back and start over?

thanks
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what firmware you were on prior to performing the update?
2016-8-21
Use props
waughdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-21 13:41
Could you clarify what firmware you were on prior to performing the update?

Unfortunately I'm not sure. I hadn't even brought the thing out of it's case since May so I figure I updated it right around there.
Is there a way to check?

2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

waughdesigns Posted at 2016-8-22 04:59
Unfortunately I'm not sure. I hadn't even brought the thing out of it's case since May so I figure  ...

If you did not reformat your SD card, you may be able to pull the hidden LOG file to see what was the last update performed. You can look at previous release notes on the Inspire 1 Download section to get a general idea of what firmware would have been on it back in May. Have you tried updating the aircraft?
2016-8-21
Use props
waughdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-21 14:47
If you did not reformat your SD card, you may be able to pull the hidden LOG file to see what was  ...

I can't because it won't upgrade if it's in travel mode.

2016-8-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

waughdesigns Posted at 2016-8-21 17:12

Ok , good - you did not update the aircraft in any way, you need to go back to the original RC version before you updated , This is usually solved by loading 1.58 but you may have been further back .  I would just go back to 1.58 and try again to get out of travel mode, do it via the Go app 'System settings " option or use the landing gear switch and flip it back and forth fully 4 times.

Do you know where you jumped from for sure ?   What is currently on the Aircraft, do you remeber , this will whittle your choices down if you know this .

Once you figure out what version you jumped from, then you must get communication back with that version and get out of travel mode .  Once out of travel mode , update the AC FIRST to the latest version of FW and then update the RC.

Do not Re link or reset the RC, just get back to where you jumped and get out of travel mode , I know this is easier said than done but we must start at the beginning.
If you think it was prior to 1.58 let me know and I will try to get you that file for the RC , I have or can find most of them .
It can only be 1.3   1.4   1.5.7   1.5.8   1.6  
I put some more thought to this , try this below :

If you say you tried 1.5.8 then try this file  ( 1.5.7 )  with a thumb drive to the RC only , the link is in my next post to you, just download it to a thumb drive that is clean and formatted, load  this file on the thumb drive and then turn the RC on .  It will load this 1.57 to the RC transmitter and you can try to get it out from there.  You said you last updated in May and if you tried 1.60 and 1.58 with no luck then this is the file you must have jumped from .  Give it a try and see.   MAKE SURE AIRCRAFT IS OFF WHEN DOING THIS .
If you need 1.4 let me know, but that file to the Rc was from a while ago.

This file is for the RC ONLY.   If you need mor instruction on how to use a thumb drive on the RC transmitter go to my post on how to , its directions  to fix a broken transmitter but the directions for the thumb drive are the same.http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

My next post has the Bin file for the Rc for 1.4 and 1.5.7     You said you tried 1.58 and 1.60 so one of these two must work .  Unless you never updated then it could be 1.3.  

Go to my next post for the Bin file's

donnie

2016-8-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

waughdesigns Posted at 2016-8-21 17:12

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/C1_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Here below is 1.4 for the RC  ONLY if you think it went back to here, these updates are from Feb to late March.

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.04.0030.bin

Once again use a thumb drive and install directly to the RC via a thumb drive to the USB slot of the RC transmitter , use whatrever one you think you may have loaded on the aircraft, or start with 1.4 and see if you connect, if not go to 1.57   then 1.58  then 1.60.... till you get it out of travel mode.

donnie
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

waughdesigns Posted at 2016-8-22 06:12

Try out Donnie's advice and see if the issue persists.
2016-8-22
Use props
taborproduction
lvl.1

After a few face to face discussions: With mine, same problem. Roll back the RC to 1.5, then re link RC to aircraft. Mine came to life then.
2016-8-31
Use props
alvaninhk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53192 ft
Australia

I have a similar problem. Brand new out of the box Aspire 1 and can't get it to out of travel mode and aircraft status light (rear) is solid blue, there are no other lights on the aircraft functioning. The RC seems to be connected to the aircraft showing battery status etc. Not sure where to start, its a bit more complex than my P3. Any clues?

2016-9-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

alvaninhk Posted at 2016-9-1 06:30
I have a similar problem. Brand new out of the box Aspire 1 and can't get it to out of travel mode a ...

Alvin -
Did you update the Transmitter before updating the aircraft ?  

My intuition says Yes, if so- you need to rollback to the Previous version, do this via the go app and wi fi connection.

once you rollback , get the Aircraft out of travel mode, now update the Aircraft FIRST ( ALWAYS FIRST ) THEN UPDATE THE TRANSMITTER. The transmitter gets the latest update last !

My next post will have a video on how to do the simple rolback of the RC transmitter .

also read post number 2 in this thread, follow the thread advice and also read my tips page .
IN the future , if the RC Transmitter says it has an update, dont do it until you read the PDF about ( this is located on the downlaods page for your system  )  what is included on the update, In any case if there are updates for both theTransmitter and the Aircraft, the Aircraft is ALWAYS  first, dont get lured in by the message on the RC, You may need to indeed update it , but the AC must be updated first or these types of problems could occur, not always, but sometimes.

Good Luck

donnie

2016-9-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

alvaninhk Posted at 2016-9-1 06:30
I have a similar problem. Brand new out of the box Aspire 1 and can't get it to out of travel mode a ...

2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alvaninhk Posted at 2016-9-1 19:30

Try Donnie's advice and let us know if the issue persists.
2016-9-1
Use props
alvaninhk
lvl.1
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-1 20:20
Alvin -
Did you update the Transmitter before updating the aircraft ?  

You are all heroes. It stood up and we smiled. Looks good and thanks guys for your help.
Regards
Alvan
2016-9-1
Use props
alvaninhk
lvl.1
Australia

Your all heroes. It stood up and smiled. Thanks guys for your help your text and video were of great help. All good so far but now it's raining.
Regards
Alvan
2016-9-1
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

alvaninhk Posted at 2016-9-2 03:08
Your all heroes. It stood up and smiled. Thanks guys for your help your text and video were of great ...

firmware issues

I tried all the firmware rollbacks, still not able to exit travel mode. What is the necessity of the gimbal attached when upgrading or downgrading the firmware? the only time I am connected to the aircraft is when its in the highest upgrade, but still can't exit travel mode. I also don't get the uption to upgrade the Aircraft, only the RC. Thanks!
2016-9-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-2 09:16
firmware issues

I tried all the firmware rollbacks, still not able to exit travel mode. What is t ...

First off , did you do an update to the RC ?  this is when it usually happens , NEVER UPDATE THE RC TRANSMITTER BEFORE THE AIRCRAFT
mY ADVICED BELOW IS PREDICATED THAT YOU HAVE DOWNLAODED THE RC BEFORE THE AIRCRAFT, PLEASE VERIFY THIS , THEN FOLOW THE BASIC DIRECTIONS BELOW, IF YOU HAVE NOT DOWNLAODED THE RC TRANSMITTER, THEN YOU NEED TO SIMPLY TRY AND GET OUT OF TRAVEL MODE USING THE MANUAL METHOD DESCRBED BELOW IN THE DJI SECTION I PASTED IN.  
Make sure the camera gimbal is NOT attached .  (THIS ALWAYS APPLIES IN TRAVEL MODE )  When you downgrade, you must go to the version you were previously at.  Do you know what version you jumped from?  When you downgrade to the appropriate version  then get out of travle mode via the Go app or the RC transmitter (You can toggle the landing gear switch up and down 4 cycles to get it out of travel mode .  

Once out of travel mode , then update the Aircraft first , then update the RC Transmitter.

I think you are rolling-back ( downgrading ) but not back to the correct one , you may have to go back 2 or more versions to get to the correct on.
OR

You simply dont know how to do it properly.

let me know by responding to MY post .
Also you throw me off a bit ? what do you mean by you are connected at the highest One ?  You cant be connected if you upgraded the Transmitter and not the Aircraft . What do you mean by that statment?
***You wont get an update to update the aircraft until you get this sorted.

*****Try and get out of travel mode with the directions below using just the transmitter, make sure camera is removed from aircraft.  If it works with the most current upgrade on your RC then you never updated the RC transmitter and were just stuck in Travel mode.

****In the future , no matter if the RC says it needs an update , ALWAYS UPDATE THE  aircraft FIRST , if there is one available .  

donnie

travel.PNG
2016-9-3
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-3 15:08
First off , did you do an update to the RC ?  this is when it usually happens , NEVER UPDATE THE RC ...

Hi Donnie,

Yes, I first upgraded the RC, so that's where things got wrong. I tried to downgrade to all versions the mobile app suggested with no luck. Then i tried your method of using a thumbdrive with even earlier versions (I tried 1.5.7). The problem with this method is that it won't let me downgrade to versions lower than the currently installed one. This is the result_log after "updating" the RC:

====================
Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.05.0070.bin,
Result: Aborted
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

So, I cannot downgrade using the thumbdrive method. Nor can I in any version exit travel mode, by using the RC or via the app.

But when I was in the latest version possible suggest by the app (1.7.4) I am able to connect to the AC, he sees all the battery info etc except the firmware version of AC. Thats what I mean't with 'highest' = latest version given. Also tells me that the gimbal is disconnected.

After all of this, since nothing is working, I downloaded the last version firmware of the DJI inspire, trying to upload it to the AC using the micro SDcard, normally the led on the gimbal should light up, or the AC should start beeping. Since it doesn't do any of this, I am afraid it might be an issue with the gimbal or that it does not recognize an update procedure when in travel-mode.

Thank you for your reply, but I need more help please.
2016-9-3
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-3 20:28
Hi Donnie,

Yes, I first upgraded the RC, so that's where things got wrong. I tried to downgrade to ...

I just now gave downgrading (to 1.4.0) with the thumbdrive another try. Now it says the following:

====================
Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.04.0030.bin,
Result: Aborted
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

It says the same message when downgrading from 1.5.8 or 1.6.0 (the two possible versions provided by the app).

Seems there is no way for me to downgrade. Anybody else succeeded in doing this?
Thnx
2016-9-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-3 13:28
Hi Donnie,

Yes, I first upgraded the RC, so that's where things got wrong. I tried to downgrade to ...

Then the ones that are available must  be the ones you started at, try again, go back to one of the two available and try to get out of Travel mode .
Do you remember  the one that was there before you  updated, that is where you must get to  ?  Make sure you have the camera disconnected as well when using travle mode .

How are you trying to get out of travel mode ? is it via the go app or are you cycling the landing gear switch 4 times .?

Do  this , with AC off - Turn on transmitter and go app and go to the" About " tab under general settings , at very bottom , tell me what version it says you have loaded on the RC, it should tell you that , does it say 1.7 ?
The AC will not update until you get it out of travel mode .  

All we want to do is rollback and get out of travel mode , once we do that , then you update the AC then you update back to 1.7 .  

What version is currently on the aircraft , do you remeber ?  if you can this will tell me how far back we need to go back .  Do you have the downlaods perhaps on your comeputer ?  or have yu ever updated bedore ?

sorry about the 20 questions , this should be simple , I have rolled back at least 10 members that I know of  with this problem

donnie

2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-4 14:54
Then the ones that are available must  be the ones you started at, try again, go back to one of the ...

Hi Donnie,

no worries about the questions, I am very happy you already replied!

To answer all of them:
I tried exiting travel mode by using the app and the toggle switch.
I tried all the rollbacks so 1.58, 1.6 and tried leaving travel mode, without success. I have never updated before, since I just got it one month ago. I think I read all your posts and instructions also on other threads, all with no succes.
With the thumb drive we tried the 1.57 and 1.4 but as you see in my previous posts, the log file shows no success.
I will include some screenshots. I didn't understand what you meant with 'Do this with the AC off', at what time exactly should it be off?

Thanks so much again, this is been all very stressfull! Hopefully it will work since I need it to work in ten days and returning it isn't an option..

hear from you soon!

DJI1.jpg
DJI2.jpg
DJI3.jpg
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 10:29
Hi Donnie,

Ok , it currently shows you loaded with 1.5.8, that is usually where you go back to to get out of this jam.  
I have an Idea, plug in the slave remote ( You never updated that one correct ) let me know what version it says is loaded on that, this will tell us where you stated from.  Just do the same thing you did before but use the slave transmitter  instead.   

Just so you know ,I am usually pretty good at solving these things, I feel bad that I dont have this sorted yet.  

Also go to the RC settings page  on the GO app make sure it is on the MASTER and you are not using the slave one.  This is a Inspire 1 pro correct ?   We want to be working with the Master Remote , not the slave

The slave will not get us out of travel mode.
***You never RESET the transmitter did you ? on some of the threads it tellls you to hold down the C1 C2 buttons on the Back the RC , hold the  Video REd Record and the ISO wheel detent down and turn the RC off then  Transmitter  on ?  If you did let me know , I would  rather you did not ,  but if you did, let me know.  

Also to answer your question regarding the Air Craft being OFF.
The AC is off whenever you are doing updates to the RC transmitter and vice versa, you never want the RC transmitter on when updating the Aircraft .
donnie

2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-4 19:02
Ok , it currently shows you loaded with 1.5.8, that is usually where you go back to to get out of t ...

Hi Donnie,

went back to app remote control settings where I could chose the remote to be OFF - Master - or Slave. It was marked as OFF. Btw, it is not a PRO it's Inspire 1.
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 10:29
Hi Donnie,

You Never updated the Aircraft either correct ?  when you turn on the Aircraft you have a blue flashing light on the back of the Aircraft correct ?
I wonder if you updated the slave  remote and not the master , this would explain why you cant get out of travel mode .  

Be sure to check under RC settings what RC tramsnitter you are using, one should be the Master and one should be the slave .

quite the quandry Maximo

donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 19:30
Hi Donnie,

went back to app remote control settings where I could chose the remote to be OFF - M ...

Damn, just saw your edit regarding the reset...yes we tried that as well.
2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 19:31
Damn, just saw your edit regarding the reset...yes we tried that as well.

when we turn it on, the lights are flashing yellow, green and then solid blue. Regarding the reset, we don't know if that actually worked since there were different ways of describing it.
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 12:30
Hi Donnie,

went back to app remote control settings where I could chose the remote to be OFF - M ...

OK,  but you have 2 transmitters correct.   Look at both of them.  One should be Master. How did it get to OFF, is this the one you have been using ?

If you dont have two RC transmitters turn the one back to Master.  I am helping more than 1 member and get confused sometimes.  

That is the Problem also, the RC wont work if it is set to OFF.  You must get the Master and Turn it ON

Get the master turned ON then go back to 1.58 and get out of travel mode !

2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-4 19:50
OK,  but you have 2 transmitters correct.   Look at both of them.  One should be Master. How did i ...

Hi Donnie,

sorry for confusion, there is only 1 transmitter. It was at off (as I figured since there is no slave )
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 12:54
Hi Donnie,

sorry for confusion, there is only 1 transmitter. It was at off (as I figured since th ...

OK, dont go anywhere.  My mistake.  Rollback to 1.58 on the RC transmitter, turn the RC to "Master" and try to get out of travel mode.

I guarantee if you had the RC set to OFF you would NOT GET OUT OF TRAVEL  MODE.    I should have maybe asked that question sooner, I just assumed it was  set to MASTER.
This should solve the problem,if the RC settings were turned OFF

try that , let me know

2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-4 19:59
OK, dont go anywhere.  My mistake.  Rollback to 1.58 on the RC transmitter, turn the RC to "Master" ...

Did the rollback with 'master' no success. Though: why is there a slave remote in the list? Does this having something to do with using two different mobile devices on the rc?
image.png
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 13:07
Did the rollback with 'master' no success. Though: why is there a slave remote in the list? Does t ...

I am not sure why that is. The 2 go apps ( devices )  would  not matter

OK, now try this , you are getting close ( I HOPE)  Keep you settings just the way they are    go to the remote control settings on the Go App  and " Linking Remote Control"  

( Make sure you can easily find the RED link button on the AC before starting, it is in the white fuselage towards the top front right hand side, just behind the silver screw )

Just follow these instructions, I think when you re - set it broke communication between the AC and RC.

let me know

2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-4 20:20
I am not sure why that is. The 2 go apps ( devices )  would  not matter

OK, now try this , you are ...

haaaaa!!!!!! Worked, damn!!!! you are the best, you can't imagine how happy I am. So, whats next? Thanks so much!!!
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 13:32
haaaaa!!!!!! Worked, damn!!!! you are the best, you can't imagine how happy I am. So, whats next?  ...

Thank god !  Ok now that you are out of travel mode  do this in this order.

Update the aircraft first to 1.9. be sure to use the Inspire 1 fimware and NOT the PRO or RAW ! double check this .  Be sure to use a clean formatted SD card.

Once that is done - look for success on the SD card

Then and only then , update the RC transmitter via the Go app to 1.7 then you will be up to date.  

Makes SURE WHEN  UPDATING THE AIRCRAFT THAT THE RC TRANSMITTER IS OFF

The same is true when updating the Transmitter, aircraft is OFF .

Take one minute and read my tips page , it may help you . take 3 minutes to read .

I am so happy we got this resolved !!!

donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 13:32
haaaaa!!!!!! Worked, damn!!!! you are the best, you can't imagine how happy I am. So, whats next?  ...

tips page above
2016-9-4
Use props
margaritamaximo
New

Germany

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-4 20:39

tips page above

Hey Donnie,

did the update, relinked, flied it for the very first time. What an amazing machine. I can't tell how grateful I am, and so kind you took all the effort in responding and being patient!

All the best!
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

margaritamaximo Posted at 2016-9-4 15:47
Hey Donnie,

did the update, relinked, flied it for the very first time. What an amazing machine.  ...

Happy to help you !

donnie
2016-9-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules